Thursday 17 February 2011

Summary of the conventions I plan to use

Throughout my progress I have noted certain conventions which I will follow when creating my music magazine. The first conventions that I will ensure I use within my magazine relate to the front cover of the magazine, I have followed conventions from two music magazines Kerrang and NME. The front cover of these magazines has allowed me to understand what music magazine audiences want from a front cover to attract them, for example the house style of the magazines Kerrang and NME are both similar when considering the front cover. Below are some conventions of the magazines front covers:
  • always just one image of the main band in the magazine that issue
  • always have the title of the magazine in obvious view (but can be obscured partly by images of band or artist)
  • have tag-lines of articles around the edge of the image and one main headline in the centre of the page
The conventions of the magazines inside articles are also similar:
  • one large image on one page, may spread across the second page
  • the article written either in one area on the page opposite the image or across the bottom half of the pages
I plan to follow these conventions when creating my magazine however I will follow them loosely, meaning that I can add my own uniqueness to my work and to follow through with my aim to be a music magazine aimed more at a female audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment