Monday 7 March 2011

Recce

For my photographs I was required to consider the location of each and the setting that would be the most ideal for my magazine. Many music magazines have their front cover image as a plain background with no specific setting, I feel that when I choose my model and take each of my photographs that I will follow this convention and have either a blank background or a simple one with little detail to it, prefereably for this shot it will be an indoor shoot. My photographs for the rest of the shoot, particuarly the ones I will use within my double page spread, I would prefer to be outdoor shoots as this will allow me to have more landscape and background to choose from. From this shoot I will also be able to take enough photographs to give me a vast range to choose the most suitable images for the articles.
My potential locations for my photographs include various places around Kettering.
My first idea is in a tree covered walkway near to the Kettering Leisure Village. I hope to take my photographs here as it will allow me to have a variety of pictures in an outdoors location which would also be fitting to the genre of the magazine. This location will allow me also to have many of contrasted shots with colour and darkness.
My second idea is a garden/field shot. It will be a lighter shot and most likely be a long shot when the pictures are taken. This will either be near to the Kettering Leisure Village area again or in a park. This shot will be better for the main image of the article as it will show the model more clearly than a darker shot.
My third idea is in a woods, near to the Brambleside estate in Kettering. This location would be ideal because it would be light enough for some light hearted shots but also then have some darker shots which could be fitting to the chosen genre also. I hope to contrast the dark of the woods with a brightness from the clothes of the model so that it allows the image to be more noticeable.


I plan to upload images of each of these locations at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment