Monday 9 May 2011

Evaluation Part 5 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full end product?

Since starting my preliminary task to completing my finished piece I have learnt a lot about myself and the work that had to be done.
I was responsible for all the roles played by industry professionals in both processes; such as photographer, creative director, editor and talent. For both tasks I had to arrange to take photographs, decided on a suitable colour scheme and layout along with the task of writing and editing of the copy for the magazines.
I learnt from these sometimes momentous tasks the work that must be inputted by each professional to create a high standard magazine. The organisation and communication which is vital in the process were two major drawbacks throughout the time, with lack of organisation and loss of talent due to illness and a variety of different reasons, I soon realised how much effort each member of the industry must contribute even daily.

From the creation of my preliminary task to the final edition of my magazine however I feel that I coped well. My preliminary task had a plain colour scheme and a fairly simple layout. However I did use some of the ideas from my preliminary task and also feel could have used more aspects of my preliminary layout to make my final piece better. I used the "editors note" in both and had a similar front cover style. I do feel the preliminary contents page style would have worked more effectively however as it seemed to be more attractive and easier to read.

This is my preliminary task.




No comments:

Post a Comment